ERICA does advocacy work designed to raise awareness about the social conditions faced by refugees, asylees, asylum seekers and other immigrants in the the area with the goal of influencing legislators and public policy.
- Member of MIRC, the Maryland Immigrant Rights Coalition, which works to increase the availability and quality of pro bono and low-cost legal representation for low-income immigrants and to educate the community on immigration matters
- Working with BUILD and the IOSC on a listening campaign to address concerns identified by refugees, asylees, asylum seekers, and other immigrants in our neighborhoods
- Promote accurate understanding of issues to inform public discourse related to Comprehensive Immigration Reform
- Received recognition from Representative John Sarbanes, Representative for Maryland's 3rd Congressional District, for community outreach and programs
- Participated in Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake's New Americans Task Force
- Planned a series of educational DREAM Act events with the Murphy Initiative, the IOSC, BUILD, and others to promote the passing of the Maryland DREAM Act, which passed in November 2012